Monday, March 2, 2015

Quit Trying to Be Successful


Who does not want to be successful? I think everybody wants to be successful. In America, when we say the word successful, we usually think of financial success. But, as I am sure you know, success has many dimensions. One way to construe success is to say that success means achieving your goals. Whatever those goals may be.

The paradox is the following, the best way to succeed is by not trying to succeed. How can that be? At least when it comes to work, and working, the best way to succeed is to focus on contribution. Instead of asking, “How can I be successful?” it is better to ask, “What should my contribution be?”

"What should my contribution be?" is an excellent question. And, in order to answer it well, you should know your own strengths. To learn more about your unique strengths, go here.