Monday, November 10, 2014

The Essence of the Mind


Life is all about perspective, wouldn't you say? I think it was Epictetus who said, “Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them.” This has everything to do with what Jack Parr once said, “My life has been one long obstacle course with me as the chief obstacle.”

We all have heard so much about the importance of filtered, or bottled, water that we have come to take it as scripture. I'm not so sure. I'm a capitalist, through-and-through, but I'm rather certain it's business that has us all paranoid about the water we drink. Whenever I need to get some perspective on the importance of perfectly distilled water, I take a look at this photo:


Life really is all about perspective. And I think businesses need to stop spending so much 
time, and money, trying to make us all paranoid. It's such a cheap shot. When a company cannot go out, and create real innovation, they often resort to manipulating our fears. It's B.S. I say listen to the great poet, Flavor Flav, who once said, “Don't believe the hype.”