Monday, November 13, 2017

The Banker's Paradox


If you were not raised with a silver spoon in your mouth, you will likely need to solve the Banker's Paradox.

Last week got me to thinking about paradoxes. Because, in many ways, Thug Rose Namajunas is a paradox. If you have not read last week's post, click here.

Today's paradox has roots in the Bible. Namely, Ecclesiastes 6. I can paraphrase the Banker's Paradox as follows: Banks will give all the money in the world to people who do not need it. While they refuse to give money to those that need it the most.

Stated in more obvious terms: If you are good with money, and have a good credit score, banks want to lend you money. However, if your financial history is lacking, banks do not want to give you money.

Have you heard this paradox before? It is, indeed, pervasive and important.

On the one hand, I might offer my opinion on resolving the banker's paradox. However, I feel I would be doing you a better service by asking you a question. My question is this, how do you think people can best solve the banker's paradox?

Now, listen, I realize that last question is pretty simple to answer. Especially when you consider how I stated the banker's paradox in "more obvious terms." But, don't get it twisted. The banker's paradox is all around us. And, it is definitely not just about money.

For example, yesterday, I was listening to Joe Rogan's podcast. And, Joe was talking about how often low-level people hit him up. What I hope you realize is how getting in, with successful and established people, is a version of the banker's paradox. Ya dig?