Monday, June 24, 2024

I'm backkkkk


No, I didn't fall off the face of the Earth.

What? You have never heard of a six year sabbatical? Well, not to be a jerk but perhaps you are in the wrong line of work ๐Ÿ˜œ

A lot has happened since we last spoke. If nothing else, I have become very familiar with the French word "anomie," and it has given me added clarity as to why I began blogging in the first place.

If you have read this blog with any regularity, you are probably aware of how strongly Peter Drucker has influenced my thinking. And, I can confidently say his teachings remain as relevant as ever.

Another strong influence has long been Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, whom we lost in October 2021 at the fairly ripe age of 87. His legacy is profound and will continue to illuminate my understanding of what it means to be a human.

During my sabbatical, I was fortunate to study with an interesting person named Liah Greenfeld. Channeling the famed French sociologist ร‰mile Durkheim, it was Professor Greenfeld who taught me about the ubiquity of this thing called anomie. It is a very important concept and I believe you need to know about it. So, please stay tuned.

It feels good to be back!
๐Ÿ’œ